It’s the last week to register for BritGrad, so once that abstract is in, have a think about responding to one of these fine CFPs – one a conference in Spring 2013, the other a new journal from the Shakespeare Institute.
1. The School of English, University of St Andrews will host Bonds, Lies, and Circumstances: Discourses of Truth-Telling in the Renaissance: An International and Interdisciplinary Conference, 21st – 23rd March, 2013.
- Keynote speakers include John Kerrigan (Cambridge), Andrew Hadfield (Sussex), and Lorna Hutson (St Andrews).
- Abstracts for 20-minute paper proposals are due 31 July 2012.
- This conference is presented in conjunction with the Centre for Mediaeval and Early Modern Law and Literature (CMEMLL), with generous support from the Society for Renaissance Studies.
- Full CFP available for download here: St Andrews CFP.
2. The Shakespeare Institute and the University of Birmingham College of Arts and Law are pleased to announce the launch of the Shakespeare Institute Review, a new, professional, online academic journal. Students are encouraged to submit papers, between 1,500 and 2,500 words, on topics relating to each issue’s theme.
- Issue 1 theme: death, mortality and religion.
- Submissions deadline for the inaugural issue is 20 May 2012
- For further information, please contact Dave Paxton, Giulia Sandelewski, Paul Hamilton or Thea Buckley at email@example.com.
- Full CFP available for download here: Shakespeare Institute Review CFP.