Do you consider yourself a hero? Well, it doesn’t matter as long as you can write about them. Shakespeare Jahrbuch, the Yearbook of the German Shakespeare Society, is calling for papers on Heroes and Heroines. Send them your work by March 31.
The 2016 volume of Shakespeare Jahrbuch will be a special issue devoted to “Heroes and Heroines”.
The editorial board of Shakespeare Jahrbuch invites essays on the following topics:
- Shakespeare as a cultural/national hero
- Heroes and heroines in Shakespeare’s plays
- Heroism in Shakespeare’s plays
- Shakespearean anti-heroes
- Tragic and comic heroes/heroines
- Heroism and genre
- Shakespeare and the heroes of early modern England
- Shakespeare and (early modern, Romantic, Victorian, modern …) hero-worship
- Actors and actresses as heroes/heroines
- Heroes /heroines in Shakespeare adaptations
Papers to be published in the Shakespeare Jahrbuch should be formatted according to our style sheet.
Please send your manuscripts (of not more than 6,000 words) to the editor of the Shakespeare Jahrbuch, Prof. Dr. Sabine Schülting (email: sabine.schuelting(at)fu-berlin.de), by 31 March 2015.